Our 2021-2022 TBS PTO Board
- Co-Presidents: TBD
- Treasurer: Dave Shepard
- Volunteers Co-Directors: Melissa Bender and Leslie Cunningham
- Fundraising Co-Directors: TBD
- Activities Director: Lana Vorona
- Communications Co-Directors: Erika Evanko and Beth Mango
- Secretary: Leah Schaff
The TBS PTO fills the gaps when our school is asked to do more with less. We provide resources that classrooms need. We review proposals and grant funds to fulfill teacher/staff wish lists twice a year. The PTO gives a stipend to all teachers at the start of the school year to reduce their out-of-pocket expenses. Sometimes, the PTO makes large capital expenditures like the purchase of SMART Student Response Systems.
Every year in June, a balanced budget is proposed and voted upon for the next fiscal year (July 1-June 30). All PTO members have the opportunity to ask questions, comment, and vote for or against the proposed budget. The organization’s finances are discussed at every PTO meeting. Please join us at general meetings if you wish to be involved in making PTO financial decisions.
The Thompson Brook PTO is a 501(c)(3) entity, a classification that gives it non-profit, charity status with the IRS. The PTO solicits donations, applies for grants, participates in collection programs, and raises money via school fundraisers to finance its budget. We do not charge membership dues.
Parent volunteers send the message to their children that they care about their school. The whole story is that EVERYONE benefits: students, parents, teachers, and administrators.
Schools with involved parents enjoy:
- better morale among teachers;
- higher ratings of teachers by parents;
- more support from families; and
- a better reputation in the community.
Research demonstrates that parents who become involved in their children’s education are more likely to:
- be more confident at school;
- be more confident in themselves as parents and their ability to help their children learn;
- be held in higher esteem by teachers and have teachers expect more from their children; and
- enroll in continuing education to advance their own schooling.
We’d love your help! From home or at school, we welcome your interest, energy, and talents!